The Cost of Meetings
How much does business travel cost your organisation each year?While face-to-face meetings can be an important part of business, you don’t always need to travel.
To calculate the annual cost of travel for an organisation, consider the cost of flights, taxis, time spent travelling, hotel costs and the amount of time you spend away from the office. However, travel is more than just expensive – time is also a factor. For example, consider three staff attending six interstate meetings per year between Melbourne and Perth:
• $14,600 and 144 hours on flights
• $1260 and 36 hours spent in taxis
• $1800 in sundry expenses
• $2160 on hotel accommodation
Therefore, you lose at least 36 days per year travelling to and from meetings, as well as 18 working days per year commuting in planes and taxis (wasted). In the above example, the total cost of travel is a sobering $19,820.
As you’ve probably realised, meetings are expensive and time consuming. If you travel interstate, between cities or even within your city, you are wasting a high percentage of your working time just sitting inside a vehicle.
Traditional face-to-face meetings can be complemented and often replaced with high quality Video Conferencing. Consider the following benefits:
• Conduct meetings as and when needed; no bookings fee
• Manage interstate business opportunities without needing to be there physically
• Meetings cost from $99 per half hour (Melbourne – Brisbane)
• Interviews, meetings, reviews, discussions, collaboration – no travel
• More staff actively participating in meetings – no added cost, no wasted time
• More documentation distributed; more collaboration, more cooperation
• Opportunistic meetings are a reality for busy staff who are remotely located
• Staff absent from meetings are able to review recorded conferences
• Meetings and conferences are recorded on DVD – say goodbye to inaccurate minutes
Experience it yourself Book a meeting online
Our easy-to-use Video Conferencing booking process allows you to book a video conference directly from our website. Click Hire
- Who uses Video Conferencing
- I thought it was Expensive?
- Video Conferencing vs Travel Cost
- Video Conferencing is Green
- Find Video Conferencing Facility
- Video Conferencing Products
- Video Conferencing Installation
Ask Us a Question
Ms. Sam Johnson
Video Conferencing News
The LifeSize® LGExecutive, just like other LifeSize® technology, delivers high quality HD video over low bandwidths. The LifeSize® LGExecutive is priced so that businesses of all sizes can afford it, making this technology as mainstream as owning cell phones. Businesses of all sizes can connect with one another face to face without having to purchase video conferencing equipment that is so expensive.Read More
Why should video conferencing facility owners register with the Computer Team network?
There are a number of simple and practical answers to this question. Registration is completely free. There are no hidden fees to be a part of our network.Read More